Fix My TV
- Troubleshooting Roku Streaming Stick
Roku Streaming Stick Troubleshooting
Issues might arise at any time with your Roku streaming stick. They can be solved with the help of the solutions available on this website. In a few cases, performing a simple reset can help you solve the roku streaming stick troubleshooting issue in no time. Also, check the power supply associated with the device.
Is Roku Stick Not Working on TV?
- If your Roku stick is not working, then try out the following solutions to rectify the issue. Do not forget to reset the device once you troubleshoot the streaming stick.
- Connect the Roku streaming device to a different port on the TV. Sometimes there might not be enough power supply.
- Make use of the USB cable provided to you at the time of purchase. Do not use any other USB cables other than the cable given to you.
- If powering up the Roku stick using the USB ports do not work. Then associate it with the power supply directly. This might solve the power problems.
- Open the Settings option from the home screen of your TV. Choose it with the help of the trackpad present on your remote.
- Once the Settings page appears, select the System option and then choose the Advanced System Settings option.
- Tap the Factory Reset option and key in the code displayed on your screen. Press the OK option and any bugs available in the system will be removed and your user settings will be reset.
- Setup your Roku again. Plug in the Roku streaming stick into the HDMI port of the TV.
- Connect it to a wireless network. Enter the credentials when prompted. Create an account with Roku and start playing movies or shows of your choice from the Roku streaming stick. Now the Roku streaming stick troubleshooting not working on tv issue will be solved.
Why Roku Stick Remote Not Working?
A solution to sort out issues with your remote is given here. Make use of it to solve the issues that arise with your Roku remote.
- Initially, find the type of remote you are using. There are two types of remote namely the Standard IR remote and the Enhanced remote.
- Solutions for Standard remote:
- The first solution is to make sure that the signal between the remote and the device is not blocked by any objects. If so, then remove the object to use your remote efficiently.
- Reset the batteries of the remote to rectify the issue. Open the back panel of the remote and take the batteries out of its slot. Insert them into the remote after a few seconds to resolve this issue.
- If resetting the batteries did not solve the issue, then replace them.
Solution for Enhanced Remote
- The primary solution is to restart your Roku device and its remote. Open the back panel of the remote and remove the batteries available. Unwrap the new batteries and insert them in its respective slots.
- roku streaming stick troubleshooting the remote if the first solution fails. To do so, press the Pairing button present on the remote and hold it for a few seconds. Release it after the connection between the remote and TV is established.