How to Turn Off Roku?
Turning Off Roku is not an easy process. You can turn off a Roku streaming device using various possible workarounds. Disconnect the power wire from the AC outlet. How to Turn Off Roku? To turn off the Roku device using remote, locate the Power Off or Auto Power Off option in the Roku OS.
Steps to Turn Off Roku
- All the Roku devices do not have an ON/OFF switch.
- Close the active channel before turning off the Roku device.
- Turn off your TV using the TV remote.
- Unplug the Roku streaming player from the television if you have plugged the Roku device into your television with an AV cable.
- Unplug the Roku Streaming device from the HDMI port if you have plugged the Roku player using an HDMI extender cable.
- Disconnect the AC power adapter from the Roku streaming player.
- Now your Roku device completely turns into inactive mode.
- If you are using Roku 4 which is the latest streaming device, use the Roku remote and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to select the System option from the Settings menu.
- Click and access the Power menu.
- Locate the Auto Power Off option in the Power menu.
- Enable the Auto Power Off mode on your Roku TV.
- Set the timer after which the Roku TV turns off automatically.
- Keep watching your favorite shows or channels on the Roku TV.
- When the timer ends, the Roku TV becomes inactive and turns off.
Turn Off Roku Express
How to Turn off Roku Express? You can turn off your Roku 4 device in two ways. Check the below steps to know how to shut down or turn off Roku:
- To power off the device using the Roku remote, ensure that the Roku remote is appropriately configured with the Roku device.
- If the remote is not paired or not working properly, then pair the remote with the Roku TV.
- Press Home on the Roku remote.
- Navigate on the Roku TV screen to locate the Settings menu.
- When you find System on the Settings menu, select it to enter.
- Find the Power menu inside the System menu.
- In the Power menu, three types of settings are available.
- Select the Auto Power Off option to set up a timer to turn off your Roku TV automatically.
- Use the System Restart option to reboot the Roku TV completely.
- To turn off the Roku device, select the Power OFF option.
- Now the Roku TV shuts down and goes into the sleep mode.
- You can wake up the Roku TV anytime by pressing any button on the Roku remote.
- To do a hard turning off on your Roku device, unplug the power cable from the power cord and the electrical socket.
- Remove the Roku Streaming device from the HDMI port.
- After following steps for How to Turn Off Roku, Now the Roku device is completely turned off.
Turn Off Roku Express With Remote
- Check that the Roku TV remote is properly working.
- Even after placing the batteries if the remote is not working, then press the Pairing button on the rear remote.
- When the remote successfully pairs with the Roku TV, press the Home button.
- Scroll down to select the Settings menu.
- Choose the System option from the main Settings menu.
- Select the Power option.
- Set the timer by selecting the Auto Power-Off option to turn off the TV after a specific time.
- When you press the Power Off option, the device turns into the Off mode instantly.
- You can switch back to the normal TV mode after turning Off the Roku device.
- Choose the input as TV on your television remote to watch regular TV shows.
How to Turn off Closed Caption on Roku?
Closed Captions are only available when the channel provider (like NOW TV, BBC iPlayer, etc.,) adds them in their video content. Locate the Captions Mode options from the Settings menu. You can Turn On or Off the Closed Captions feature as per your requirement.
How to Turn Off Roku Subtitles?
- Turn on your Roku TV after connecting the Roku streaming device.
- Pair the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth remote with the Roku TV automatically or manually.
- Move to the Settings menu on your Roku TV by pressing the Home button on the Roku remote.
- Navigate to find the Accessibility menu inside the Settings menu.
- Locate and select the Captions menu.
- When you select the Captions menu, you can find Captions Mode.
- If the Captions are enabled and you need to turn it off, select Off option.
- If you select the On Replay option and replay a video, it will play with captions.
- When you select the When Mute option, captions appear only when the video is played muted.
- But the When Mute option may not be available on all the Roku devices.
- To turn off the captions using the Remote when the video content starts playing on your Roku TV, press the * button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll to view all the options and locate the Closed Captioning option. Select the Closed Captioning option.
- Tap the left or right button on your Roku remote to choose the Caption option.
- To turn off the Captions, select the Off option using the remote. Go back to the video, resume it, and check whether the captions are turned off.
- If the captions are turned off during the playback, the settings changes may not retain in the future videos.
Solution to Turn Off Roku Stick
- Proceed Solution for how to turn off roku.
- Check that the Roku TV and remote are correctly coupled.
- Close all the running apps, online channels, movies, etc., on your Roku TV.
- Disconnect the network connection.
- Locate and select the Disable Device Connect option from the Advanced system settings menu to disconnect the device from the wired or wireless network connection.
- If you are using a wired network connection, disconnect the LAN cable from the appropriate port on your TV.
- Turn off the main power switch to cut down the power supply to your TV.
- Unplug the USB cord if you have powered your Roku Streaming Stick via USB.
- Disconnect the Roku Stick from the connected port on the TV.
- Now your Roku device is completely turned off.
- To get back the regular TV shows, turn on the TV and press the Source or Input button on the TV remote and select TV as input.
- How To Turn Off Voice On Roku?
- If you have activated the Voice command accidentally or purposefully, press the home key on your Roku remote, and navigate to the Accessibility menu which is found under the Settings menu.
- Disable the Audio Guide option to turn off the Voice command while streaming on Roku.
How to Turn Off Audio Description On Roku?
TCL Roku TVs and Roku streaming players have an Audio Guide feature. Read the following article to enable or disable the Audio Guide feature: Press the * button on your Roku remote four times to turn off the Audio Guide feature.
To deactivate the Audio Guide feature using your Roku TV remote, follow the steps for how to turn off roku audio description given below :
- Turn on your Roku streaming device.
- Connect the Roku device to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Tap Home on your Roku remote.
- Navigate to the left on the Roku TV screen to find the Settings menu.
- Choose the Accessibility menu.
- When you select the Accessibility menu, a list of accessibility options will display on the right side of the screen.
- Choose the Audio Guide option from the list of options.
- When you select the Audio Guide option, the Roku OS prompts you to choose the ON or OFF option.
- Select the OFF option to turn off the Audio Guide.
- Return to the main menu and ensure that the Audio Guide feature is turned off.
- How To Turn Off Roku 3?
- Pair your Roku streaming player remote with your Roku TV.
- Tap Home on your Roku remote to navigate to the home screen on your Roku operating system.
- Go to the Roku settings menu. Open the System menu and select Advanced System Settings.
- Choose the Device Connect option from the Advanced System Settings option.
- Select Disable Device Connect to disconnect the Roku device Wi-Fi connection.
- Turning off the device directly without disconnecting the Wi-Fi connection may cause malfunctioning.
- After disconnecting the Wi-Fi connection, go back to the Home screen.
- Unplug the power cable from the Roku device and the HDMI port after switching the TV off.
- By Referring Our Steps for how to turn off roku audio description, you can complete a process.
Steps to Turn Off Roku Premiere
If your Roku Premiere device failed to turn off, then follow the below simple steps to turn off the Roku device:
- Soft reset or hard reset the Roku device to resolve the turn-off or device frozen issue.
- Check and confirm that the Roku remote is paired with your TV and working correctly.
- Press five times the Home button and then the Up arrow key one time.
- Press the Rewind button two times and then the fast forward button two times.
- Now your Roku device settings are set to default.
- Restart the Roku device after resetting the settings.
- Set up the Roku device settings:
- Navigate to the Settings menu and go to the System menu.
- Choose the Power option.
- Use the Roku remote to select the Power Off option to turn off the Roku device instantly.
- When the Roku TV screen turns to the sleep mode, press the main power switch to turn off the TV.
- Remove all the cords from the Roku device.
- Unplug the HDMI cable from the television if used.
- Now the device is entirely turned off.
Steps to Turn Off Roku Premiere Plus
- How to Turn Off Roku Premiere Plus? Try a soft reset to get back the Roku device from the frozen state, to turn it off, or resolve any other issue.
- To soft reset, press the Home button five times, Up button one time, Rewind button two times, and then the fast forward button two times.
- Check the device for the issue resolution and then proceed to the turn off process.
- Try the hard reset process in case the soft reset does not work.
- Tap the Home button on the Roku remote to get the Home screen on your Roku TV.
- Select Settings > System.
- Choose the Advanced System settings option from the System menu.
- Locate and select the Factory Reset option.
- Now your Roku TV restarts on its own and prompts to set the basic settings.
- After setting up the basic settings, switch to the Settings menu.
- Locate the Power Off option and select it to turn off the device immediately.
- To turn off the device after a specific period, select Auto-Power Off.
- If the device is found inactive, it turns off when the timer ends.
- Press the main switch to cut down the power supply.
- Unplug all the cables from the Roku device when the TV completely turns off.
How to Turn Off Roku Ultra?
- Check the Wi-Fi Direct Roku remote paired correctly with the Roku TV.
- Go to Settings and locate the Power option from the System menu.
- Choose the Power Off option to turn off the Roku device completely.
- If the Roku device fails to power off, then try resetting the Roku settings.
- Check for the availability of the Reset button at the rear of the Roku device.
- If available, press and hold the Reset button to reset the Roku device.
- If it does not work out, then press the Home button five times, Up button one time, Rewind button two times, and Fast Forward button two times on your Roku remote to soft reset the device.
- Try to turn off the Roku TV after the device restarts by following steps 2 and 3.
- If the issue persists, then close all the running programs on your Roku TV and disconnect the network connection.
- Disconnect the Roku device from your TV and the power outlet to turn off the Roku device completely.
Solution to Turn Off Roku To Watch Tv
If you have already connected the Roku streaming device to the HDMI port on your television and using Roku services on your TV, then read the below steps to get back to the regular TV mode.
- How to Turn Off Roku to Watch TV? Turn on your Roku TV after plugging the Roku device to the HDMI port.
- Press the Source or Input button on your TV remote.
- View the list of input methods appears on the screen.
- Press the Menu button if your TV does not have an Input or Source button.
- Using the arrow button on your TV remote, scroll down to select the Input or Source option on the menu.
- Choose the HDMI option from the list of options appears on the TV screen.
- Now your TV searches and finds the input from the HDMI port to which the Roku device is connected.
- Pair your Roku remote to your TV.
- Press Input on the TV remote if you want to get back to watch regular offline TV shows.
- Search and locate the option labeled Source or Input when you do not have the Input button.
- Select the TV option to get back to regular TV shows.
- Roku will continue streaming the online channels even when you have switched to offline TV channels.
- Locate the Power off options from the Roku settings menu and select it.
- Remove the Roku device from the HDMI port of your TV.
- After Completing a procedure for how to turn off roku. Now, enjoy watching regular offline TV shows on your TV.