How to Set Up Roku?
How to Set Up Roku? The Roku is a device made by the company Roku, which streams content (shows, music and movies) from the internet to your TV. The Roku channel provides access up to 4,500 channels of internet streaming content. The channels include the services of Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, Pandora, and Vudu.
How to Connect the Roku to Wi-Fi for the First Time?
- Connect the Roku device to the power outlet and power on the switch.
- You will be guided through a setup procedure which includes connecting the device through the internet.
- While setting up Roku boxes and TV, you will be allowed to choose either the Wired or Wireless option.
- If you choose the Wired option, don’t forget to connect your Roku box or TV to the router using the Ethernet cable.
- The Roku device will directly connect to your home network and the internet. When confirmed, you can proceed with the remaining setup procedure for the Roku device.
- When you select the Wireless option, you will have additional steps to complete the connection process.
- For the first time setup, the Roku device will automatically search for networks within the range.
- When the list appears, select your wireless network from the list of available networks.
- If you don’t find your home network, click the Scan option again to see all the networks. Note : When the Roku device cannot find your network, try moving the device closer to the router.
- When Roku confirms it will connect to your network, you will be prompted to enter your password.
- After entering the password, select the Connect option on the bottom of the page. If the password is right, you will see a confirmation page stating that the Roku device is connected to your home network and the internet.
- When connected, the Roku device will immediately scan for available firmware/software updates. Download and install them.
- The Roku device may reboot or restart after the completion of the software/ firmware update.
- Wait until this steps for how to set up roku process completes before moving to any additional setup steps.
How to Set Up Roku to Wi-Fi for the First Time?
If you want to connect the Roku device to a new Wi-Fi network or switch from a wired or wireless network, follow the below steps using your Roku remote.
- Tap the Home button.
- Click the Settings option.
- Select the Network option.
- Then choose Set Up Connection.
- Click the option Wireless ( if you find both the wired or wireless option)
- Wait until the Roku find your network.
- Type the password and wait for the connection information.
How to Connect the Roku to Wi-Fi in the Dorm or a Hotel?
One of the greatest features of Roku is that you can travel with a streaming stick or box and use it in any location. The only additional requirement you should have is the Wi-Fi connection to Roku, How to Set Up Roku Wi-FI?
- Have your own Roku Account log-in information.
- Gather the location’s network password.
- Connect the Roku box or stick to the power outlet and the TV on which you are going to stream the content.
- Press down the Home button on the Roku remote.
- Go to Settings ->Network->Setup connection.
- Select the Wireless option.
- When the network connection is established, choose the option I am at the hotel or college or dorm.
- A pop-up will appear on the TV screen for authentication purposes. Enter the Wi-Fi password to access the Roku server.
- When the Wi-Fi setup is confirmed, the Roku device features the streaming content. You can start watching your favorite content on the TV.
Roku Streaming Stick
A Roku streaming stick supports the resolution up to 1080p full HD. The Roku streaming stick has the feature of the enhanced point-anywhere remote control.
Easy Steps for Roku Streaming Stick Setup
- How to Set up Roku Streaming Stick? When you turn on the Roku Streaming Stick, the first pop-up you see on the screen is to choose the language. Select your language.
- A list of languages will appear scroll through it. Click on your language and then press the OK button.
- Now connect the Roku Streaming stick to the internet.
- Select your wireless network from the available networks list and type the network’s password.
- Commonly it is the network that you connect to the computer or smartphone.
- When you can’t find the network, select the option Scan again to see all the networks around you.
- To prevent from entering the wrong password, click the option Show password so you can see the password as you type.
- After entering the password, click the option Connect. Now the Roku stick will connect to the internet automatically.
- When connected to the internet, the Roku Streaming Stick downloads the recent version of the Roku OS software and reboots.
- Now you can set the display type as per your preference by clicking the Set display type option.
- Activate the Roku streaming device by connecting it your account. The Roku account will keep track of your Roku device and allow you to add and purchase channels from the Roku channel app store.
- You are now done with the activation of the Roku Streaming Stick.
- If Roku Streaming Stick is Not Working, Visit Here.
Easy Steps for Roku Express Setup
- The initial step for how to set up roku express is choosing your language. The text and dialog within the Roku application will appear in the selected language.
- Scroll through the list and tap the OK button on the remote to choose the language.
- Connect the Roku Express to the internet.
- Choose the wireless network from the list of networks available and enter the password.
- When you can’t find the network, choose the option Scan again to view the networks around you.
- Click the option Show password so you can see the password as you enter.
- After typing the password, select the Connect option. Now, the Roku Express will connect to the internet automatically.
- While connected to the internet, the Roku Express downloads the latest version of the Roku OS software and reboots itself.
- Now choose the option Set the Display type. The Roku express immediately detects the best display resolution.
- When you want to change the display type, go to Settings-> Display type.
- Now you can activate the Roku Express by linking it to your Roku account. This Roku account keeps track of your Roku device and allows you to purchase a channel from the Roku channel store.
- The process for activating the Roku express is complete, and you can start using it now.
Things to be known Before Setting Up Roku Enhanced Remote
In the initial setup and activation, you will be allowed to set up your Roku Enhanced Remote for controlling the volume and power of the TV. While setting it up, it will automatically find the brand of the TV and the program of your Roku Enhanced Remote. If the information is collected via an HDMI cable, only the brand of the device connected directly to the Roku player will be detected.
How to Setup Roku Enhanced Remote While Initial Setup?
- How To Set Up Roku? To set up the player initially, connect it to the internet.
- Set the display type before setting the remote.
- To begin, tap the option Check Remote Settings.
- If you hear music playing, click the Yes option to confirm.
- If you are unable to hear the music playing, try to increase the volume using your TV remote.
- The Roku player attempts to mute the volume by using remote codes for the detected TV brand.
- When the music stops playing, select the option Yes.
- Click the option No if you find the music still playing.
- The music will continue to play if the Roku player was unable to find the correct details about your TV. You can manually type the brand by selecting the option Enter TV brand.
- After entering the brand by using the on-screen keyboard, the list will populate at the right side of the screen.
- When you select the brand, the music will play again. Select Yes when you hear it.
- The Roku player again attempts to mute the volume, so now you use the first of multiple remote codes for the TV brand you entered.
- After each and every code is tried, you will receive a prompt asking if the music stopped playing? When the music stops playing, click the option Yes.
- The Roku Enhanced Remote is now enabled to control both the volume and power of the TV.
- Click the option OK to continue, with our how to set up roku enhanced remote steps you can complete a process.
Note : Your Roku Enhanced Remote can’t control the volume and power on all the TV models. For certain TV models, you only have access to control the volume and not power.
How to Setup Roku Enhanced Remote after Initial Setup?
- Hit the Home button on the Roku Enhanced Remote.
- Scroll from top to bottom and click the option Settings.
- Choose Remote and select the option Set Up Remote for TV control.
- Select the Start option to immediately set up the Roku Enhanced Remote to control the volume and power of the TV.
- Now follow the prompts displayed to complete the setup process.
How to Set Up Roku for 4K?
The name 4K is also known as Ultra High definition. It means the resolution of the screen and how clearly you can watch it. The below are the required gadget to enjoy the 4K Ultra HD content on the compatible Roku player.
- A Compatible 4K ultra HD TV with an available HDMI 2.0 input which supports HDCP2.2.
- Good internet connection.
- Streaming online content services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime.
- The Roku player which is capable of streaming 4K Ultra HD and the Premium High-speed HDMI cable.
How to Connect Roku to 4K?
- Connect the Streaming Stick to the available HDMI 2.0 input on the TV which supports HDCP2.2.
- Connect the AVR or Soundbar with HDMI switching.
- Connect the Streaming Stick to the available HDMI 2.0 input on the AVR that supports HDCP2.2.
- Now connect the Premium High-Speed cable to the output of the AVR sound bar.
- Connect to the ARC (Audio Return channel) capable TV and the AVR or soundbar.
- Connect the Streaming Stick to the available HDMI2.0 input which supports HDCP2.2
- Now connect the Premium High-Speed HDMI cable to the HDMI port of your TV that supports ARC.
- Now the how to set up roku to 4k Steps will be completed.