Netflix 4K Streaming Devices
Various devices that support 4K HDR video quality. Netflix 4k streaming devices are Amazon Fire TV 4K Stick, Apple TV 4K, LG Blu-ray players, Chromecast Ultra, Panasonic Blu-ray players, Philips Blu-ray players, Sony Blu-ray Players, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X.
Apple TV 4k streaming Netflix
In June 2017, Netflix launched Dolby Atmos, but because of some restrictions, it was applicable only on devices like Xbox One and LG2017. Later, Netflix added Apple TV 4K in the supported list. You need to subscribe 4 Screens + Ultra HD plan to get access to HDR, 4K, and Dolby Atmos. Apple TV 4K allows you to watch Netflix and other streaming channels in fabulous 4K HDR and recently, it has also added immersive Dolby Atmos sound.
Netflix 4K Streaming on Apple TV
- Connect the Apple streaming device to a power outlet.
- Connect the Apple streaming device to your TV using an HDMI extender cable on the HDMI 2.0 port which supports 4K/UHD/HDR.
- Connect the Apple TV and router using an Ethernet cable.
- After successful connection to the internet, complete the necessary settings.
- Navigate to Apple Store and search for the Netflix app.
- Download and install the Netflix app on your netflix 4k streaming devices Apple TV.
- Once you have installed the app successfully, the Netflix app icon appears on the Home Screen.
- Select the Sign In option.
- Log in to your account using the Netflix account username and password.
- Go back to the Settings option.
- Select the Video option and set the video quality as 4K HDR at 60 Hz. Set the Chroma setting as 4:2:0.
- Pick a title to watch the show, and when you pick a title, you can read the synopsis of the TV show or movie.
- Choose the Play option to stream the movie in 4K HDR quality.
4K Streaming Netflix Bandwidth
When you stream videos on Netflix, the Netflix app consumes about nearly 3 GB of data per hour for High Definition video. If you are streaming a video on Standard Definition, Netflix consumes about 1 GB of data. Massive consumption of data creates a headache for Netflix users to maintain a monthly data cap or bandwidth on their internet service. Find some simple steps below to resolve the large data consumption issue on netflix 4k streaming devices:
You do not have to reduce watching Netflix; instead, you can adjust some data usage settings to resolve the issue.
- Changing the data usage settings for your Netflix account help you reduce the amount of internet bandwidth used while using Netflix.
- Launch the Netflix application on your Android or Apple device.
- Tap the menu icon that is located at the top-left corner of the Netflix App screen.
- Scroll to find and press the App settings option from the list of options.
- Choose Cellular Data Usage from the App Settings menu.
- The default settings are set to Automatic.
- The Automatic option can consume nearly 1 GB of data while playing video content for 3 hrs.
- If the streaming setting is set to low quality, it consumes about 1 GB of data in 4 hours.
- If the Medium quality option is selected, 1 GB data is consumed in 2 hours.
- If video content is streamed on high quality, 1 GB data is consumed in 1 hour.
- If the Unlimited option is selected, streaming video content may consume 1 GB data in less than an hour.
- Choose the appropriate option as per your preference.
- Press OK to confirm and then play the video content on netflix 4k streaming devices. Now, enjoy streaming and watching Netflix shows with less data consumption.