Stream live TV on Apple TV
Watch by stream live tv on apple tv is an exciting factor that users prefer while buying a streaming device. Apple TV is available in two versions; Apple TV 4K and Apple TV 4th Gen. Both the devices can efficiently stream live TV. Several apps and devices enable live streaming.
- Get an HDHomeRun device and a TV antenna.
- You can directly watch live TV without an HDHomeRun, but you need to switch between the TV input every time you want to watch a live TV.
- The HDHomeRun works as an external tuner that connects to the Apple TV via your home network.
- Remove the OTA HDTV antenna from the TV and connect it to the HDHomeRun tuner.
- Plug HDHomeRun into a power source.
- Connect the HDHomeRun tuner to your TV.
- Connect the HDHomeRun to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Install the Channels app on your Apple TV.
- Launch the app and wait until it detects the HDHomeRun automatically.
- The HDHomeRun tuner, along with the list of channels that your antenna has captured, will be displayed on the TV.
- Select the On Now or Guide option.
- The On Now feature will help you stream whatever is playing on the television at the moment.
- The Guide now option will let you know what is being broadcasted on the TV and what all will be aired later.
- You can also try the Sling TV or Hulu TV app pre-installed in the App Store.
- Download Hulu with the Live TV app from the App Store to stream live tv on apple tv and to watch programs.
- Sign up to Hulu with the Live TV app using the Hulu TV app account.
- Subscribe to the channel that you want to go live with.
- Launch Hulu with Live TV app.
- Choose the category under which the program that you want to watch live falls.
- You can also record a live program using the cloud DVR feature.
How to Stream Fox News Live on Apple TV?
There are several ways to watch live Fox news. You can use the pre-installed apps such as the TV app, Hulu with LiveTV app, Sling TV app, and more available on the App Store. Otherwise, install the Fox news app and mirror your iOS device screen on Apple TV to watch live news.
- To install the TV app, launch the Apple TV on your HDTV.
- Open the App Store from the main menu screen.
- Search for the TV app and select it.
- Wait for the app to get installed.
- Launch the app and set your preferences.
- Stream Live tv on Apple tv, Select the Fox news channel and then choose Play.
- Live Fox news will be streamed. To live stream Fox news with the Fox news app, proceed with the steps below.
- Find the App Store on your Apple TV and open it. Navigate to the News category.
- Locate the Fox news app and download it.
- Start streaming live news.
- If you do not want to install any app on your Apple TV, then AirPlay a streaming service installed on your iOS device to the Apple TV.
- To AirPlay Sling TV, proceed with the steps below.
- Install the Sling TV app on your iOS device.
- Swipe up the screen and tap the AirPlay button.
- Select Apple TV and then enable Mirroring. You may have to subscribe to certain channels on Sling TV.
How to Stream Live Sports on Apple TV?
There are several apps that enables games stream live tv on apple tv. The TV app is one such app having a dedicated sports section.
- Install the TV app on your Apple TV from the App Store.
- Launch the app and select the Sports tab using the Apple TV remote.
- Navigate through the list of games and select the one that you want to watch live.
- You can also set the TV app to notify when your favorite team is playing.
- Proceed with the steps below to bookmark your favorite teams.
- Open the TV app and select the Sports tab.
- Scroll down through the screen and select the Pick Your Favorite Teams banner.
- Choose your favorite sports.
- Select the teams of your desired sports.
- Highlight favorites to see all the teams that you have selected.
- Whenever the app notifies you, tap the team’s name for the particular sport.
- Start watching your team play.
How to Stream Live Football on Apple TV?
- Install the ESPN app on your Apple TV.
- Launch the app and set your preferences using the on-screen instructions.
- Football Stream Live tv on Apple tv, Tap the Watch icon on the app’s home screen.
- Go to the Features section and select a program.
- Find a live football game and watch it.
- Another option is to mirror your iOS device screen on Apple TV.
- Install the TV app on your Apple TV.
- Launch the app on your Apple TV and select the Sports tab.
- Scroll through the games and look for the live games.
- Another option is to mirror your screen iOS screen to your Apple TV and watch live football.
- Enable the AirPlay option from the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Now, select the AirPlay Mirroring option from the Control Center on your iOS device. Select Apple TV. Open the installed app on your iOS device and live stream the football match.
How to Stream the Super Bowl Live on Apple TV?
There are several sports and channel apps on the App store that can be used to live stream sports. Prefer an app using which you can watch live games for free.
- Launch the Apple TV on your HDTV for super bowl stream live tv on apple tv.
- Go to the App Store and select the Featured tab.
- Select the watchESPN app or NBC sports app and download it.
- Start streaming the live Super Bowl sports.
- Alternately, use the DirecTV NOW for live streaming Super Bowl. It is available on the App Store.
- Download the DirecTV NOW app and sign up with the necessary credentials.
- Go to the Sports section on the app and watch your favorite Super Bowl game live.
- Hulu can also be used to watch the Super Bowl game. The Hulu with Live TV will help you watch the live Super Bowl match.
- To sign up with Hulu Live TV, log into your Hulu account and select the Manage My Account option.
- Click Manage next to add-ons, subscribe to the channel that streams Super Bowl, and start streaming the game.
How to Live Stream ABC on Apple TV?
DirecTV NOW enables you to watch live news, sports, and other channels. It is supported on several Streaming devices including the Apple TV. Refer to the steps below to know how to play ABC news stream live tv on apple tv using the DirecTV Now.
- Go to the official web page of DirecTV.
- Create a DirecTV Now account from the official page of the DirecTV Now.
- Subscribe to a plan or opt for free service.
- Launch Apple TV on your HDTV.
- Go to the App Store and select the DirecTV Now app.
- Install the DirecTV Now app.
- ABC channel comes under on-demand content and hence is not directly displayed on the Homescreen.
- Launch the app. You can see a list of menus or categories on the top.
- Select the Networks option and locate the ABC channel.
- You can pause fast forward or rewind the content.
- The other option is to AirPlay a streaming service on your Apple TV.
- Install a streaming service supporting ABC channel on your iOS device and then mirror it on the Apple TV.
Stream Live NFL Games on Apple TV
Applications such as NFL app, Watch Prime and Twitch, WatchESPN, etc., and streaming services such as Hulu with Live TV, DirecTV Now, Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, fuboTV, etc., enable easy live streaming of NFL games.
- NFL games stream live tv on apple tv, Open the official site of the Sling TV and tap Create a Sling TV account from the official page of Sling TV.
- Open the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Type Sling in the search field using the on-screen keypad.
- Now locate the Sling TV app and select it.
- Choose the Install option.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
- Type the exact username and password that you have set up while creating the account.
- Return to the Homescreen and launch the Sling TV app.
- Select the channel that is streaming the NFL live match.
- Go live with the NFL games.
- Alternately, if you have any streaming service installed on your iOS device, you can AirPlay it on the Apple TV.
- Select the Streaming service, choose AirPlay, and enable mirroring to play the service on Apple TV.
How to Perform NBC Live Stream on Apple TV?
NBC has developed its own app which is compatible with many streaming devices. It is available on the App Store of your Apple TV. Besides the NBC app, there are several other ways to watch NBC stream live tv on apple tv.
- Launch the Apple TV on your HDTV.
- Open the App Store.
- Go to the Featured section.
- Search for NBC and select the NBC app.
- Wait until the app downloads.
- Launch the app and find the live channels.
- You need to subscribe to the premium channels to watch them live.
- You can also use the Hulu with LiveTV for live streaming NBC. If you already have the Hulu app, proceed with the steps below.
- Log in to your Hulu account and sign up for Hulu with Live TV.
- Now, download the pre-installed Hulu with Live TV.
- Launch the app and search for NBC.
- Livestream the NBC channel.
How to Perform Hulu stream Live TV on Apple TV?
Hulu with live TV is a streaming service supported on various streaming devices. You can subscribe to premium channels on Hulu with Live TV app to watch them live.
- Go to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for the Hulu app and download it.
- Create a Hulu account to manage the settings.
- Sign up for the Hulu with Live TV app from the Hulu app.
- If you are not able to sign up from your app, go to the Hulu signup page.
- Log in to the webpage and then select the Manage My Account tab.
- You will be redirected to the Add-Ons page.
- Navigate to the Live TV Add-on option and select the Switch Plan to Live TV to Unlock option.
- Go to the Enhanced Cloud DVR tab and select Switch Plan to Live TV to Unlock to increase the storage capacity.
- Enable other settings if required.
- Select Continue. Check the Hulu to create temporary recordings option to use Live TV. Click the Confirm option to apply the changes.
- Start streaming videos from Hulu with Live TV app for stream live tv on apple tv.
How to Watch Apple Live Stream on Apple TV?
There are several methods by which you can watch live streaming of events organized by Apple. The Events app and Livestream app available on the App Store lets you stream live Apple events.
- Ensure that your Apple TV is connected to your local network.
- Connect your iOS device to the same network.
- Go to the App Store on your iOS device and search for the Live Stream app.
- Install the Livestream app on your iOS device.
- Launch the app. Provide the necessary details to log in to your Livestream account.
- If you do not have an account, sign up using your email account.
- Once you are into the account, you can choose any event of your choice.
- Go to the navigation menu on the top-right corner and select Search.
- Type the name of the event you want to watch live.
- Select the event. The live video starts to stream.
- Find the AirPlay icon on the playback screen and select it.
- A list of options will pop from the bottom.
- Locate Apple TV and tap it.
- Enable Mirroring.
- The stream will be sent in a fraction of second to your Apple TV.
Solve Not Streaming on Apple TV Issue
The stream live tv on apple tv issues can have various root causes such as Internet connectivity, poor Wi-Fi coverage, hardware issues, etc. Keep all your apps updated. Outdated apps may cause malfunctioning of the Apple TV. The problem may also arise while streaming high definition content. Some of the issues and detailed instructions for resolving them are given below.
is ABC Live Stream Not Working on Apple TV?
- Check for software updates and install if any. Launch the Apple TV and select the Settings option displayed on the Home Screen.
- Click the General tab and select the Update software option.
- If there is an update available, download and install it.
- If you have installed the ABC app, force quit it. Reopen the app and try streaming the news.
- If the video doesn’t stream, uninstall the app.
- Go to the App Store and reinstall the app.
- Try to watch live news. Check the network connection.
- Power cycle the router if the network issue persists. Install any firmware update for the router.
- If many people are using the same network, the app may not be able to stream live news. Cut down the network usage and try to print.
- Ensure that the clock set on your Apple TV matches with the local timezone. The ABC app relies on the time set on your device.
- Proceed with the steps below to AirPlay live streams from ABC.
- Connect your iOS device to the network to which the Apple TV is connected.
- Install the ABC iview app on your iOS device.
- Launch the app and then select the watch live option.
- Choose AirPlay and then select the Apple TV to which the device is connected. Watch stream live tv on apple tv big screen.
How to Solve Stream Live TV on Apple TV Issue?
- Check if the Apple Event app on your Apple TV is updated.
- Try force quitting the app. Give a double-press on the TV/Home button on the Apple TV.
- Swipe left to find the Events app and then swipe the app up to close it.
- Ensure that the issue is not with your Apple TV.
- Press the Menu and Home buttons on your Siri remote until the status light on the Apple TV box blinks.
- Now, go to the Settings option on your Home Screen and select the System option.
- Navigate to the Restart option. Wait for the Apple TV to turn on again.
- Now, go to the Settings menu and select the System option.
- Choose the Software Update option and then select Update Software.
- If the issue persists, hold the Events app until it jiggles. Press the Play/Pause button and then select Delete.
- Now, open the App Store and download the Events app.
- If you are not able to activate it, contact the app developer and get the problem resolved.
- Try installing the Apple Events app on another device and stream it.
- If you are not able to stream live tv on apple tv, the issue might be with your network. Try restarting your router in such cases.
- Check if the iTunes Store has service interruptions. If so, screen mirror your iOS device on the Apple TV and watch the live events.
How to Solve Hulu Not Streaming on Apple TV Issue?
- Check if Hulu’s streaming service is working. For this, use a DownDetector tool to check the streaming service outage.
- If too many members are using the same network, the speed of the network may slow down.
- Reduce Internet activity and try streaming Hulu. Try restarting your router.
- Check the connection between your Apple TV and Wi-Fi. Try streaming other services.
- If they do not stream, the issue is with the network connection or Apple TV.
- Restart Apple TV. Go to the Settings menu on your Apple TV and select the General option.
- Select the Restart option. If the issue persists, proceed with the steps below.
- Power on your Apple TV and then press the TV button twice on your remote when the Home Screen appears.
- Find the Hulu app on the Trackpad and swipe up to force close the Hulu app.
- Now, look for the Menu button on the remote and press it. Reinstall the Hulu app.
- If the issue persists, open the settings tab and then choose the Apps option from the list of options.
- Select the Automatically Update Apps option to enable the feature.
- Open the App Store, go to the Purchase section, and select the Recently updated option. Check if Hulu is updated.
- Make sure there are no service interruptions from third-party websites.
- If all the above steps did not prove to be helpful, check for any bug in your Apple TV. Clear the hulu stream live tv on apple tv bug using the tool.